Fourth National Digital Media Investigator’s Online Conference and Exhibition 18 and 19 November
Head of Europol’s Digital Forensics Lab to speak at annual DMI Conference
The head of Europol’s Digital Forensics Laboratory at the European Cyber Crime Centre Donatas Mažeika is to headline our Digital Media Investigators Conference to be held online on November 18 and 19.
Mr Mažeika will speak about current best practice around digital forensics at Europol and overview of current
research and development projects. He will also outline how Europol can help DMIs as well as explain how
they can contribute to the development of tools and benefit from them.
We are also pleased to announce that Tyler. A Smith, a DMI from Murfreesboro Police Department,
Tennessee will be speaking about his exclusive work around burner phones and multiple suspects.
This is the fourth Digital Media Investigator’s Conference being run by the Investigator to provide best
practice and current thinking to the DMI community.
It also provides a forum for debate and contact making.
A virtual exhibition of leading digital investigation companies will run alongside the conference featuring all
the latest technology.
Other speakers and topics include:
• Lynda Herd and Keith Lumley, College of Policing Digital and Cyber Career Pathways will be promoting
their innovative project to provide a dedicated career structure for investigators working in a cyber and
Communications Data/Encryption Special
• How EncroChat, a military grade encryption system has been used by criminals in London to avoid detection
and how the Met has addressed this challenge, DI Adam Bryant, Communications Intelligence Unit, MO2 Digital Intelligence, Met Police
• An introduction to Chapter 3, Part 3 of the IPA Act 2016 and how this affects investigators applying for communications data, Dean Beezley, Supervisor, Communications Data Intelligence Unit, West Midlands Regional Organised Crime Unit
The Cloud Data Conundrum
• New techniques to acquire Cloud data, DS Dan Giannasi and Ryan Moulson, Digital Investigations Unit, Greater Manchester Police
Challenges, issues and opportunities around Cloud data, Jimmy Cockerton, UK Policing lead for Microsoft
The Digital Strategy in Action – DMI’s share their experiences
• How digital evidence proved pivotal in Operation Fort – the UK’s biggest ever modern slavery conviction, DC Lucy Brown, Digital Media Investigator, West Midlands Police
• The digital strategy in the Jody Chesney Murder Investigation, DC Sami Azam Communications Data Investigator and Trainer, Digital Intelligence, Met Police
• Exclusive! Research from Dr Graeme Horsman from Teeside University around digital intelligence that can be gained from ‘baby tech’ devices such as baby monitors and other
• Exclusive! Digital Footprint and Investigation Personas Workshop, from the company behind the LongArm platform that enables investigators to operate online without leaving a traceable footprint, Steve Manning, Vestigo Consulting
To book your place and find out more about the conference click HERE
Head of Forensic Lab team at EUROPOL European Cybercrime Centre