Conducing social media investigations training, 20 and 21 March 2024
Updated content for 2024!
Our social media investigations training provides operational investigators, analysts and all frontline staff from police and other public bodies who conduct investigations with a working knowledge of how to conduct effective social media investigations.
A must-attend for new to role open-source investigators and more experienced investigators who want to keep up to date with new sites and searching techniques
Aims to equip delegates with a working knowledge of all the tools and techniques available for conducting effective social media investigations that are ethical and legally sound.
Led by established open-source trainer, speaker and investigator Neil Smith
Held online Via Teams
Certificates of CPD available
A must-attend for all investigators
Social media sites contain a wealth of information about suspects, witnesses and victims that could prove vital to your investigation and transform the outcome of your case. It is vital tool in the armour of all investigators and not just those working in specialist units.
The world of social media is an ever-changing and evolving landscape with new sites appearing not just in the UK but internationally and so it’s vital that all investigators have a working knowledge of how to maximise evidential opportunities from social media.
It also important to receive expert advice on how to glean this information in a legal and ethical way, while at the same time paying particular attention to your own digital footprint to avoid compromising your safety and the integrity of the investigation.
Outline of the training
· An introduction to social media investigations and a look at what intelligence can be gleaned from the different sites
· A look at how this intelligence can be used in an investigation
· Golden rules for conducting legal and ethical searches and protecting your digital footprint
· Web browsing and tools for social media monitoring: using the most current tools to extract data and intelligence social media sites.
· Basic searching tips and techniques: opportunities, problems and pitfalls. Researching known associates
A look at the different social media sites you can search including:
LinkedIn & Similar Sites
· Issues around setting up fake accounts including the problems and pitfalls to avoid
· Researching images through reverse image searching
· Methodology to capture the intelligence and evidence – Using accepted online tools to capture intelligence or evidence.
HOW TO BOOK
Cost: £309 + VAT (GBP) per delegate (LEA and Government Agency rate). £409.99 + VAT (Industry rate).
Booking: Please send the delegates name(s), email address(es) and purchase order (made out to The Investigator) to email@example.com or telephone +44(0)844 660 8707 for further information.
Under no circumstances will a delegate be able to register using a free webmail address (ie: gmail, Yahoo, Outlook, Hotmail, AOL etc) but you can use one to login into Teams once your work email has been verified.
Payment can be made by PayPal/debit/credit card (corporate card fees apply + 3%). The meeting link will be sent out 7 days before the event.